Friday, July 28, 2006

Announcements: A Book at Continuum, a Blurb at DC

Continuum International -- the press that brought you my How to Read Superhero Comics and Why, Slavoj Zizek's Interrogating the Real, and Harold Bloom's Kabbalah and Criticism -- has picked up an extended version of my doctoral thesis, Imaginary Biographies: Misreading the Lives of the Poets. It will be published as a limited edition (libraries only) hardcover monograph in (I expect) 2007, and will be generally available (i.e. affordable) in bookstores twelve to eighteen months later. David Barker, my editor on the superhero book, will also be my editor here. I will keep everyone updated on this, and at some point may ask you to talk me up to your local or college librarian.

First the poetry then the comics. In my Comics Out 26 July 2006 post I forgot to tell you to pick up Douglas Rushkoff and Liam Sharp's first Testament collection, "Akedah" (Vertigo/DC Comics). It comes well recommended, with blurbs from Forward Weekly and Grant Morrison on the front cover, a blurb from Variety on the back cover, and, on the splash title page, blurbs from Ain't It Cool News, Entertainment Weekly, Columbus Alive!, Robert Anton Wilson, Geoff Klock, and the Comics Buyer's Guide, in that order. "Bible scholar brains meet cyberpunk-superhero brawn! Explosive!" was my contribution, and I was pleased to see my name and my blurb right next to a blurb from the author of the Illuminatus! trilogy. Go check it out. I will be blogging about Testament shortly.

7 comments:

Geoff Klock said...

Many of you may not have had the pleasure of knowing who Robert Anton Wilson is. Read the short wikipedia entry on him here.

Anonymous said...

Kong Rats on the book, Geoff!

jennifert72 said...

geoff klock and robert anton wilson together again!

now, 'fess up geoff klock, with a name like that u must be a member of the bavarian illuminati!! u can't fool me... this is the proof i've been waiting for!

Anonymous said...

Congrats Geoff. I can't wait to read it.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.